I am Jaxon Washburn: 18 years old, just graduated high school, and a faithful member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. While these labels in themselves are not inaccurate they do little to define myself as an individual. Through my writings on The Apotheosis Narrative, the goal is to provide not only a medium for myself to compile my own personal musings but to allow for the reader to obtain an understanding that labels cannot themselves convey. This will be presented in the forms of various written pieces such as both poetry and prose, reflections and commentaries on books, movies and the like and many a subject philosophical, religious, historical and academic in general. Nonetheless in congruence with proper formalities I suppose an introduction is due to my readers. Two options are here then presented. The short summary of myself which will be found below or the long and personal story of myself, my upbringing and my world to which I am always adding to when needed.
For the long version see here.
As promised here is a quick snapshot.
- I attended Williams Field High School in Gilbert, Arizona until most recently
- I am an Eagle Scout for Boy Scouts of America.
- I have been accepted to attend Arizona State University to major in Religious Studies on the Barack Obama Scholarship.
- I am the Founder of the World Religion and Tolerance Society, a youth-based interfaith organization for high school students, since 2014.
- Through my interfaith work I have enjoyed engaging in several speaking roles such as teaching a 45-minute seminar at the Parliament of the World’s Religions in Salt Lake City, UT; the Brotherhood and Sisterhood Youth Awards in Richmond, VA; the United Nations in New York City; and also the Golden Rule Awards Banquet, Amplify Interfaith Conference, and LDS Institute Interfaith Fireside in Phoenix, AZ.
- Served as the Co-Editor in Chief of my school’s newspaper News from the Nation
- Served as President of the National English Honors Society- Williams Field Chapter as well as the Creative Writing Club for 2 years.
- Other leadership positions I have held include Vice President of Debate Club, Seminary President, School Ambassador, member of the National Honors Society, Student Council member, Model U.N Security Council member (France), and a plethora of Church leadership positions for both the Deacons, Teachers and Priests Quorum.
- I have taken 5 years of Spanish, 2 years of French, as well as a year of Mandarin and Latin (with Greek on the side).
- My hobbies include writing both prose and poetry, reading, listening to music (classical, movie soundtrack and alternative), and discussing history, politics, religion, philosophy, and literature.
- I volunteer for both FairMormon and Book of Mormon Central in my spare time.